Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FREE PATTERN - Breezybot Beanie Variations

Hi there!

Here are a few variations to the pattern I posted on Thursday.

These patterns are for personal use only; to sell items made from this pattern, please purchase it at  http://www.etsy.com/listing/96601849/pdf-pattern-breezybot-baby-beanie-5. Please do not reproduce or sell my patterns.

To get regular updates of free patterns, please "like" my Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breezybot-by-Brieshon-DAgostini/164335903598476

Frilly brim
Replace Rd 10: ch 3; working in all front loops, DC 2 in each st, sl st to join (88)
Rd 11: ch 3, working in both loops, [DC 3, DC 2 in next st], repeat around (99)
























Wavy brim
Replace Round 10: ch 1; [sc 1, hdc 1, dc 2 in next st, hdc 1] repeat around, sl st to join (54)

Cap brim  {updated 1/6/2012}
After Round 10: *ch 1; sc 2 in next st, hdc 2, dc 2 in next st, dc 2, dc 2 in next st, dc 2, dc 2 in next st, dc 2, dc 2 in next st, hdc 2, sc 2 in next st, sl st 1, tie off, weave in ends.
If you test these patterns, please send me a message or leave a note in the comments to let me know how they worked! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the pattern for the hat, but I don't understand the brim. I have tried it twice now and it hasn't worked. It is floppy and takes up more than half the hat. The 3 sets of 5 double crochets are in individual stitches right? The brin has a total of 23 stitches??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree:

    Are you referring to the cap brim? If so, depending on the type of yarn and tightness of the stitch, it may be a bit floppier or stiffer. It's pictured with Lily Sugar & Cream cotton yarn, which tends to be stiffer than many other yarns.

    "dc 5" means to "dc 1 in each of the next 5 stitches," but I think I have an error in the pattern! I think it should actually go:

    AFTER Round 10 (instead of replacing)
    *chain 1
    sc 2 in next stitch
    hdc 1 in each of the next 2 stitches
    dc 2 in next stitch
    dc 1 in each of the next 5 stitches
    dc 2 in next st
    dc 1 in each of the next 5 stitches
    dc 2 in next st
    hdc 1 in each of the next 2 stitches
    sc 2 in next st
    slip stitch to join
    Tie off -OR- sc around to * (beginning of brim), sl st to join, tie off, weave in ends.

    I will try to test it in the next day or two and fix the pattern. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't there be more than one row for the brim?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I love the hat but I can't figure out the brim. Do you tie off after Rnd 10 and attach it again? If so, where do you attach it, so that it's centered? Is it just one row on the brim or how many rnds or rows on the brim?
    Please, explain. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this hat for my daughter and it was my favorite hat for her. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks for this informative article, I hope you will get most positive response specially for this post. . . .
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete