Thursday, January 26, 2012

FREE PATTERN! Breezybot Newborn Newsboy


These patterns are for personal use only or to make items for charity; to sell items made from this pattern, please contact me at purchase the pattern at http://www.etsy.com/listing/96600075/pdf-pattern-breezybot-newborn-newsboy-0. Please do not reproduce or sell my patterns.

To get regular updates of free patterns, please "like" my Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breezybot-by-Brieshon-DAgostini/164335903598476 

______________________________________________________























Worsted acrylic or cotton yarn
5 mm hook for 0-3m, 5.5 mm hook for 3-6m

With color A, chain 4, sl st to make a loop
Round 1: In loop, sc 9, hdc 1 (10)
Round 2: hdc 2 in each stitch (20)
Round 3: [dc 1, dc 2 in next st] repeat around (30)
Round 4: [dc 1 in each of next 2 stitches, dc 2 in next st] repeat around (40)
Round 5: [dc 1 in each of next 9 stitches, dc 2 in next st] repeat around (44)
Round 6-7: dc around (44)
Round 8: dc 38, hdc 3, sc 2, sl st
   *switch to color B*
Round 9: ch 3, dc 43, sl st to top of chain to join, tie off (44, including ch stitch)
   *switch to color A*
Round 10: ch 3, dc 43, sl st to top of chain to join, (44, including ch stitch), continue to row 1 of cap brim
 Cap brim:
Row 1: ch 1, hdc 1 in each of next 2 stitches, dc 2 in next st, [dc 1 in each of next 3 stitches, dc 2 in next st], repeat [] two more times, hdc 2, sc 2, (24, including ch st)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc 1, hdc 1, dc 2 in next st, [dc 1 in each of next 4 stitches, dc 2 in next st], repeat [] two more times, hdc 2, sc 2, continue to finish edge (27, including ch st)

Finish edge:
Sc or slip stitch all the way around (whichever you prefer), tie off, weave in all ends.

Please let me know how it works in the comments, or send me a message! Thank you!


8 comments:

  1. I was just wondering if 6 and 7 were 44 stictches total or 44 each 88 total? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be too late to answer, but I just made this little hat, and I wanted to say that it's 44 total for row 6 and then 44 stitches total for row 7- so 44 each. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think next time I will not do the increases in the back of the cap. It doesn't look right. also, row 1 of the brim looks like it was a blo (or flo). is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the free pattern! I made it up in just an hour for a last-minute baby gift. Very cute! And great for boys or girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, however I realized after finishing that the picture shows a doll wearing this hat; the hat does not fit my 6 week old's head and I followed the instructions exactly. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this little hat with a 4.5 ml hook and its probably more like a 3-6 month old fit. Turned out well though, although i got a bit confused in some parts, still worked out well though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add three additional rows of 44 count to increase the length of the hat until it reaches at least 5" in length. I did this using 6/g hook. It should fit a newborn then. Hope this helps the next person. :)

    ReplyDelete